[RTTY] Information please

Ktfrog007 at aol.com Ktfrog007 at aol.com
Sat May 27 22:34:36 EDT 2017

In a message dated 2017-05-28 12:11:50 A.M. Coordinated Universal Ti,
dezrat at outlook.com writes:

Agreed. I have  all but given up the JT modes because of their
slowness. They are truly  amazing but I don't have the patience.

For a real QSO, Olivia is  pretty impressive. Print is just about
perfect unless the signal fades out  completely.

Here's a link for more info on Olivia:   http://hflink.com/olivia/

Hope to see you there.

73, Bill  W6WRT

Roger that, they are slow, but there's always something going on, day and
night, 24/7.

When I was first licensed I liked to ragchew.  Now I don't, so the JT
modes suit me, as does contesting.  I don't know why I changed.

Long ago the ARRL sponsored the Rag Chewers' Club (old timers may
remember).  To join you had to be nominated to by a current  member.  It had its own
sort of off-blue certificate.

I have one from my KN9LIO Novice days which says I'm entitled to all the
"privileges, prerogatives, rights, favors, glory, rank, fame, notoriety,
popularity and honor of membership in that worthy organization."  I still  feel
blessed.

Here's a funny story from an old QST: Someone once got in a ragchew with a
member who was a Roman Catholic priest.  At the end of the QSO, the priest
asked the other op if he wanted to join the RCC.  The op misunderstood and
said "No thanks", as he was a Southern Baptist.

73,
Ken, AB1J