[RTTY] Intel NUC, anyone?

Peter Laws plaws0 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 22:31:02 EDT 2017

So I ended up getting a tall i3 and a 16-GB SODIMM (leaving me a slot
for another one just like it down the road).   The 40-GB 2.5" SSD I
had turned out to be ... not really big enough for W10.  Yes, I got
rid of hiberfil.sys and removed a bunch of other stuff and had about
18 GB free when I was done but I could see this would be a pain point
in the future so picked up a 120 GB SanDisk at the local Blue Polo and
Khaki place.  I thought about a "certified refurb" but the fact that
the NUCs will run on 12 V dc realllllly got my attention.  I'll need
to get a 12 V dc-capable display at some point, but that's later.

Now my problem is that the NUC has no serial ports.  I *knew* this but
hadn't *thought* about it if you know what I mean.  I have a Siig
4-port serial to USB adapter (no idea which chipset) and, I think a
single port Keyspan (no idea there either) somewhere but then there's
the UART-not-liking-45.45-baud thing.  I googled around and came to
Don AA5AU's page and was reminded of EXTFSK ... I gather this will let
me use just about any USB-serial adapter for RTTY?  Does it also
support 75-baud?  Seems like it was limited to only 45.45 at one point
but was it maybe updated recently?

Enquiring minds want to know!  And I know Chen's opinion of hard-keyed
FSK ... :-D   The serial line will then go to the RigBlaster+ and then
to the IC-746Pro.

Peter