[RTTY] WPX

Jeff Stai wk6i.jeff at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 15:35:31 EST 2018

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 12:10 PM, David G3YYD via RTTY <rtty at contesting.com>
wrote:

> I think I got more 5NN this time than ever before with an unnecessary shift
> character - this is RTTY not CW.

I'd concur. I also saw two or three using cut numbers. Like "O56" and
"TT9". Fun to click on :)

There seemed to be some sort of new software that's been released in the
wild. Either that or uninstructed new users of the existing stuff. Very
poorly configured or damaged macros in messages. Pity the poor operator who
kept sending messages that included "YOUR CALL" in them amongst other macro
text. It was clear he didn't actually need my call after I sent it several
times...

And I'd really like to know who is telling people to send back my serial
number. Me dutifully clicking or typing the numbers on the screen... oh
wait, that looks familiar! Happened quite a few times.

Let us all help our new RTTY friends with these issues when we have the
opportunity. 73 jeff wk6i

Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff at gmail.com
RTTY op at W7RN