[RTTY] FSK Keying of TS-590SG

Jay ws7ik7tj at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 10:01:15 EST 2018

+2
I have also used these interfaces for a long time.  Both transistor and
also opto's.  Only thing I found was that in PTT part that different
radio's require much different resistor values.  Even two old FT-1000's
required different values.  From 500 to 1500 ohms. FSK was never a problem.

Used Opto's when the computer had built in com ports 100% to just
protect the computer as on-board problems that might have been caused --
never did see any difference in performance so went back to 100%
transistors as they fit better in a connector and don't require a box.

Jay WS7I