[RTTY] speaking of real mechanical RTTY

Bob Burns W9BU w9bu_lists at rlburns.net
Mon Jan 1 15:57:33 EST 2018

On 12/31/2017 1:56 PM, Jeff Stai wrote:
> I'm not familiar with that model, but if your 7000 meets the
> guidelines stated in the rules, you're in.

It doesn't. It's totally electronic. It looks like a Commodore 64
keyboard with some additional switches across the top. On the back are
connections for hooking up a radio to FSK or AFSK. You hook up a
composite video monitor like you used with early personal computers and
the monitor shows you the received and sent text.

Universal Radio has a listing for it in their Discontinued equipment
section: https://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/decoders/7000E.html

Bob...