[RTTY] Over Eager?

Jeff Blaine KeepWalking188 at ac0c.com
Thu Jan 4 22:26:01 EST 2018

Thanks to some strong wind - mini-tornado fun in March 2017, I missed
the CQ DX in Sept and most all contesting in general since then.  Most
of last summer and fall was occupied with putting up towers and
antennas.  The rush was on to get the antennas minimally operational
before the cold weather came and I just managed to pull it off.

So when I saw Ed's post on the RTTY RU practice, I was happy to jump on
that today.  Been toooooooo long since I've got my diddle-on.  But I
should have known something was a bit off when there was zero activity
on the early session.  Hmmmm....   Then later, I saw a lot of signals on
the band for the later session. Great!   But there must have been a
number of guys who were new to it because they kept asking for NR?  NR?
- don't they know the RTTY RU has RST and ST for the exchange?  I must
have been on my 3rd "helping out the new guys with the exchange"
explanation when a nice fellow explained they were playing in the NS -
and that the RU practice was tomorrow!  Oops...

I guess that proves it's never too late to make all the rookie mistakes.  :)

See you all in the RU - on STARTING SATURDAY.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com