[RTTY] NS RTTY this Thursday (Warning: Time Change!)

Ken K6MR k6mr at outlook.com
Tue Mar 13 22:05:27 EDT 2018

Greetings Diddlers:

There’s nothing like an upcoming contest to bring out everyone.  Quite the group last week: 16 reported to 3830 and some others who were just tuning up for the weekend.  I hope everyone put their finely honed Sprint skills to good use this past weekend.  And if you did enjoy yourself, why not invite someone to give the Sprint a try?  The last couple hours could have used some additional stations.  But still a good time.

Don’t forget that DST is now in effect (except for you few lucky folks living in the rational states that ignore this silliness), so if you don’t hear anyone at the start wait one hour and we’ll all continue on as if nothing changed.

The new calls from last week were KK6NON, N2WK, AI6JB, and AA6OC.  Welcome guys and hope you’ll drop by in the future.

This weekend has the BARTG HF RTTY test, so don’t let those diddles cool down. Join us Thursday and keep everything ready for the weekend.

Here are the details for our usual Thursday evening session:
Friday,   16 Mar 2018, 0145Z - 0215Z (Thursday, 15 Mar 2018 in NA)
-- 1845 - 1915 PDT           <-- Note the local time change for most of  you.
-- 2145 - 2215 EDT            <-- Note the local time change for most of  you.
-- (others in-between those two)
-- 160: 1805 and up
-- 80/40/20/15/10 +80kHz up from the band edge
-- Same band dupes ok after 1 intervening Q or band change.
-- 1 kHz QSY rule, otherwise standard Sprint rules
-- Mults per band
-- 100W power limit

Please visit http://www.ncccsprint.com/rttyns.html for complete rules and links to other info. If you find any problems with the web pages, please let me know so we can get them fixed.