[SCCC] SCCC Unlimited Class SS Trophy

Dave Hachadorian k6ll@juno.com
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 22:20:01 -0700

I was just browsing the SCCC Web Pages, and I see that there is
a nice writeup on the W6UQF Memorial Low Power SS Trophy, but there
is no mention of the Unlimited Class SS Trophy. The SCCC initiated the
Unlimited Class SS Perpetual Trophy in 1997, and I have won it every
year since then. I just want to remind people that it still exists.

The trophy is pretty spiffy, with a silver plated 5CX1500A Ceramic
Transmitting Tube (3.2 KW output) mounted on a nice wood base. The next
time my buddy shows up with her digital camera, I'll take a picture of
it and post it somewhere.

I don't know if the official rules for winning this thing have ever
been written down anywhere, but this is my general understanding of the
rules:
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA CONTEST CLUB ARRL SWEEPSTAKES PERPETUAL
TROPHY - UNLIMITED CLASS

The trophy is presented annually to the SCCC member who has the highest
aggregate published score in the ARRL Sweepstakes CW and Phone Contests.
Any member who operates within the club's 175-mile radius in either the
phone or CW versions of Sweepstakes is eligible to win the award. Multiop
stations are also eligible for this award.

It would probably be a good idea for the prez to formalize these
rules a bit, and maybe even post them on the web site.

This could very well be the year that the trophy goes back to
California. It's not going back without a fight from me, though,
so if somebody wants to win this thing, you had better show up
LOADED FOR BEAR! No whining about precipitation static, or QRM on
Phone!

See you all this weekend.
73

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL