[SCCC] W6UE (W4EF) FEB 2001 CW Sprint SOHP

Michael Tope Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 08:32:03 -0800

                             SPRINT SUMMARY SHEET

     Contest Date : 11-Feb-01

    Callsign Used : W6UE
         Operator : W4EF

         Category : SOHP

 Default Exchange : # MIKE CA

             Name : Michael C. Tope
          Address : 3944 East Mountain View Avenue
   City/State/Zip : Pasadena, Ca 91107
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : SCCC#2

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

   80CW       62          62         62       1         0
   40CW      121         121        121       6         1
   20CW      129         129        128      40         1

 Totals      312         312        311      47         2

    Final Score = 15239 points.

  HOUR   80CW    40CW    20CW    TOTAL   ACCUM
  ----  ------  ------  ------   -----   -----
    0       0       0      82      82      82
    1       0      37      39      76     158
    2       0      65       6      71     229
    3      62      19       2      83     312
  TOTAL    62     121     129

              Radio #1: Kenwood TS-830S/Alpha 78
              Radio #2: Kenwood TS-940S/Alpha 78
                   CPU: 486-66 w/TRlog 6.50
            Antenna(s): KT34XA at 114'
                        5 el 20M x 48' boom at 70'
                        KLM 4el 40M at 102'
                        80M inverted-V at 90'

Second time over 300 QSOs. Thanks to a good multiplier total, score
was personal best (first time over 15K). Still some 2 to 3 minute
"flailing" gaps that I need to fill. Last hour was better than expected
due to good 80 meter conditions (felt like I was back in Ohio). Had a
little trouble with the bencher paddles in the third hour. The dit contact
post wasn't tight enough and started to slide over a little, causing some
"automatic" sending. My apologies to anyone I may have stepped on during
the "Bencher Rebellion". Getting better at SO2R, but mainly I just use it
as a third VFO. For the life of me, I couldn't remember how to dupe 2nd
radio callsigns and didn't want to slow down to read the manual. Had a
couple of typing snafus which resulted in some pretty long pauses between
exchanges (the only thing worse than my manual CW sending is my typing).
Again apologies to the victims. I hope the TS-830 sounded okay on 40
meters, its been sitting on the shelf for a couple of years until tonight.
The tuning knob on the club's TS-950 is fubar, so I had to press it
into service at the last minute.

Cuall next time! Mike, W4EF...........

I, by virtue of my statement below, have taken part in the NCJ North American
Sprint, conscientiously applying my most ethical interpretation of the rules
for this contest as set forth in the National Contest Journal.