[SCCC] Fwd: Omni-V Super!

Dennis Vernacchia dennisv@qualcomm.com
Tue, 05 Jun 2001 10:43:34 -0700

--=====================_516608578==_.ALT

FYI...from VY1JA

--=====================_516608578==_.ALT

&lt;jallen@internorth.com&gt;<br>
From: &quot;J. Allen&quot; &lt;jallen@internorth.com&gt;<br>
To: &quot;N6KI, Dennis Vernacchia&quot;
&lt;dennisv@qualcomm.com&gt;<br>
Subject: Omni-V Super!<br>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 17:16:17 +0100<br>
&nbsp;<br>
relays.&nbsp; I believe from the results that I had other relays which,
while not failing completely, were making partial contact.&nbsp; The
reason for this is that the V is working a lot better on some bands than
&nbsp;<br>
see the Cheashire Cat, it is only my smile.&nbsp; Perhaps Murphy is going
&nbsp;<br>
working very well, and my next steps as far as the station is concerned
are to put the Measures' QSK circuit into the AL-80A, which I have on
&nbsp;<br>
started, with permits for building, electrical, plumbing, and septic
system installation.&nbsp; Construction of our home should begin in a
week or ten days.&nbsp; The garage building has to be moved first and the
septic system installed.&nbsp; I am going to be one busy kid for a
&nbsp;<br>
that 70 foot high V-Beam with its 400 foot legs played very well for me
last year on all bands 160 through 6.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
I still want to get the other half of the tower up, put the tribander and
six meter beam on it and put up a real inverted-V which aims to the west
coast of the USA (as opposed to an omnidirectional inverted-V
dipole).<br>
&nbsp;<br>
I do not know if you heard the good news, but 5 WPM is now a rule in
Canada so more HF phone ops will be available in the contests.&nbsp; Pat
has put up 4-square antennas for 40 and 80 meters.&nbsp; I now will start
having a lot of competition in the contests on phone, and Frank, VY1AC is
still contesting on CW.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
With all of this competition, I hope that I can stir the gang up to do a
super job.&nbsp; Add the eventual improvements to my station, and
California will soon be the hardest section to find.&nbsp;&nbsp;
:o)<br>
&nbsp;<br>
I am enjoying the &quot;Retirement&quot; and as is the general rule, have
been having far less free time...<br>
&nbsp;<br>
See you later.<br>
&nbsp;<br>