[SCCC] A61AJ in Los Angeles This Weekend

Richard J. Norton ae327@lafn.org
Sat, 26 May 2001 07:30:17 -0700

Ali Al Futtaim, A61AJ, is staying with me this weekend. Many of you
have worked his large multi-multi station in DX contests.

We will go to TRW for a while this morning, as I assume that he didn't
see enough radio junk for sale at Dayton last weekend. We may stop at
Venice Beach for an hour or two on the way home to give him a taste of
LA.

>From 4 to 7 or so, we will hang out at my QTH in Topanga. If any of
you would like to drop over, please feel invited. It won't be anything
fancy.

Then, I expect to go eat at a Mongolian Barbecue in Woodland Hills, on
Van Owen, just east of Corbin. If you would like to join us, please
let me know so that we have adequate seating. It is an interesting
place, and a meal is less than $10. A good number of informal
contester meetings have taken place there.

Phone is (310) 455-1138. Leave a message if I'm out.

My address:

21290 West Hillside Drive
Topanga, CA 90290
_____________________
Driving directions are:

>From the south or Los Angeles area -

Take the Santa Monica Freeway west. It will go through a tunnel and
change into Pacific Coast Highway. Follow PCH about 5 miles to Topanga
Canyon Boulevard, and turn right/north. There is an abandoned Arco
gasoline station at the corner of PCH and Topanga Canyon Boulevard.

Follow TCB 6 miles (use your odometer). You will see Froggy's
Restaurant on your left. 200 feet past Froggy's is Hillside Drive.
Turn
left/west. At the bottom of the hill is a fork. Take the right fork,
which is Hillside Drive. At the top of the hill is another fork, at
Summit Drive. You are at my house. Park on the street, and walk up the
driveway with 21290 on the side. It is right next to a fence with
21300 on it.
_______________________________
>From the San Fernando Valley -

Take the Ventura Freeway (101) to Topanga Canyon Boulevard, and go
south 6 miles. On your right will be a sign with a stick figure
indicating a crosswalk ahead. Make a very sharp right turn, to the
west, just after the sign, onto Hillside Drive.

At the bottom of the hill is a fork. Take the right fork, which is
Hillside Drive. At the top of the hill is another fork, at Summit
Drive. You are at my house. Park on the street, and walk up the
driveway with 21290 on the side. It is right next to a fence with
21300 on it.

Sorry about the short notice. I returned Thursday, and he got here
very late last night. The schedule was not firm until now.

73,

Dick Norton, N6AA

--
SCCC on the Web:          http://sccc.contesting.com/