[SCCC] Field Day Invitation

Dino Darling k6rix at arrl.net
Wed Apr 23 20:01:30 EDT 2003

Hello!  I sent this out in January and wanted to extend an invitation one
more time...

The Western Amateur Radio Association is hosting Field Day at the Walter
Knott School just behind Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park.  We usually put
forward a first class effort with the goal of beating the pants off the
east coast (or bettering last year's score)

If your not hauling up the hill with Mr. Woll and the JPL group, or just
looking to be LOCAL in Orange County, I extend you an invitation to
participate with us!

Our next Field Day meeting will be May 2nd at AA6PW's house in Garden
Grove.  If you are interested in participating, we would love to have you
attend this meeting!  Please send me a private e-mail, off this list, and I
will include you on our Field Day e-mail list.

We will be discussing stations, strategy, etc.  Once we have a head count,
the group will decide the class (3A, 4A, 5A, 8A, ?A)

WE WILL HAVE A CHUCK WAGON!  John and Debbie make Saturday Dinner, Saturday
Mid-Rats (Potato Cheese Soup), and Sunday Breakfast.  There will be snacks
and drinks ALL weekend!

Quite frankly folks, we are out to WIN and have a good time.  Our previous
scores and current world record shows that.  We go after every bonus point
and then some!

But we are also down four great operators this year...  Chip, Bill (HIJ),
Wes, and Bob (OPR).  If you would like to commit to something GREAT (just
ask W1HIJ), then we would LOVE to have you!  We need station captains and
looking for a few good CW operators!

Thanks to the list; this will be my last post here on the subject.  73!

Dino...k6rix at arrl.net