[SCCC] CQP 2003
bhorn at hornucopia.com
Sat Aug 16 07:48:26 EDT 2003
To: Southern California Contest Club
California QSO Party (CQP) 2003 - http://www.cqp.org/
1600Z October 4, 2003 -- 2200Z October 5, 2003
Sponsored by the Northern California Contest Club (NCCC)
Start your contest season with a "big bang" in CQP 2003. Participation was
whopping 21% in CQP 2002. Come join us and win awards (plaques and wine),
certificate, buy a t-shirt and most importantly "have fun" in one of the
state QSO parties.
CQP is a great contest for California stations.
* It's easy for a new ham to get started and have fun. It's not near as
intense as the ARRL Sweepstakes contest for example.
* You are "rare DX" and all the other stations in the world are seeking you.
When you get on the bands and "call CQ" people will answer you!
* Even people like me with low power and dipole antennas can make a lot of
RESERVE YOUR COUNTY
One of the goals for CQP is to have the equivalent of two full-time stations
active in each of the 58 California counties.
* Go to http://www.cqp.org/Counties-Plan-2003.html to see the latest county
* Californians can reserve a county by sending an email to the coordinator
N6TV at n6tv at kkn.net including: County/Counties of Operation, Callsign to be
used, Calls of operators, Number of hours you plan to operate, Your name,
address and Phone number (optional).
Another way to activate many rare counties is to operate mobile. Take a friend
along and see the California countryside. There is an award plaque for the "CA
Mobile station with the most QSOs".
Stations outside of California work as many California stations in as many CA
counties as possible (CW and phone, 160-80-40-20-15-10-6-2 meters).
California work everyone.
* Updated Multi-Single rule for 2003 allows unlimited band changes!
* Complete and final rules and other information at http://www.cqp.org/
* California stations send QSO number and county. Note that California
stations working other California stations must log the complete exchange,
including the county.
* Stations outside of California send QSO number and U.S. State, ARRL
Canadian section, or Country.
The most plaques and awards in any state QSO party
* 34 Plaques (wood and metal, not mere wallpaper!)
* 40 Bottles of California wine (commemorative CQP labels with your call
* Certificates to the top Single-Operator in every state, province, country,
and CA county
* Certificates to each and every entrant who makes at least 100 QSOs
Commemorative CQP 2003 T-shirts are available for purchase if you make at
100 QSOs (waived for DX entries). Please include your size (M / L / XL / XXL)
and $10 ($15 for DX entries).
PLEASE SEND IN YOUR LOGS !
Complete and final rules and other information at http://www.cqp.org/
Free logging software CQPWin at http://www.cqp.org/Software.html
Entries must be submitted no later than November 15.
* Logs should be submitted by e-mail to cqp at contesting.com
* Logs may be submitted via postal mail to: NCCC, c/o Al Maenchen, AD6E, 3330
Farthing Way, San Jose, CA 95132-1908.
- Marc, W6ZZZ, a member of the CQP Publicity Team
More information about the SCCC