[SCCC] NA Sprint CW W6EEN(N6RT) HP

Doug Brandon n6rt at arrl.net
Sun Feb 9 15:23:17 EST 2003

                     NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: W6EEN
Operator(s): N6RT
Station: W6EEN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

    80:   81
    40:  148
    20:  149
---------------------

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

It's funny how many different emotions you go thru during a sprint.  Panic,
anger, excitement, confidence, feeling like a lid, etc.  Every little
mistake and pileup defeat feels huge.

I did really well on mults for a change.  I called VE2AWR and in return was
called by VE9DX for two new ones, gotta love that.  Also worked XF1K for a
new one on the second to last QSO.  I worked everything I heard.

Did ok on 80m, but it seemed kind of flat and sigs were not as strong as
usual. Two elements of the 3-element 80m beam have fallen off, so I'm back
to being mortal with a rotatable dipole. :)  Lots of HUGE sigs on 40m, many
stations were pinning the meter.

    73 de Doug, N6RT