[SCCC] 2003 ARRL DX Contest Southwestern Division Results

Bruce Horn bhorn at hornucopia.com
Thu Feb 13 22:18:20 EST 2003

Ward, N0AX, wrote the following in the ARRL Rate Sheet contest newsletter
regarding writing up results of the 2003 ARRL DX contests.

First - regional coverage. Because the Web write-up can, for all intents,
be as long as we want, it's high time to introduce in-depth regional
coverage. An obvious way to divide the North American coverage is by ARRL
Divisions - there are 15 of them. It would also be great to have regional
coverage from Canada, Europe, Japan, South America, and Oceania. What we
need is a volunteer (an individual or a group) from each of the ARRL
Divisions and elsewhere around the world to write about the competition
from their region. They will be given access to score data from that region
in the same form in which Scott and I get them. This is an EXCELLENT way
for those great regional races and records to be identified. No one knows
your regional operators, stations, and propagation like you do, so please
consider lending a hand. Print space limitations have "squeezed out" many
great contest stories and accolades in past years - those days are gone! If
you are interested in doing this quite-manageable job, please contact
either W4PA (w4pa at yahoo.com) or me (n0ax at arrl.net). You don't have to be a
polished writer - just enthusiastic - we'll act as your editors.