[SCCC] Reminder - Deadline for Comments on Broadband Over Powerline NOI

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Thu Jul 3 06:38:24 EDT 2003

Hi All,

Just a quick reminder that the deadline for filing
comments in response to the FCC's Notice of
Inquiry on Broadband over Powerline (BPL) is
this coming MONDAY JULY 7, 2003. If you haven't
had a chance to make your voice heard on this
matter, please try to do so before the deadline.
The Japanese government said no to BPL largely
because the Japanese Amateur Radio community
spoke loudly in opposition to the technology, so
don't think your voice doesn't count.

If you are not sure what to say, I have posted
links on my website to a sampling of both short
and long comments from amateurs that have
already been filed with the FCC:

www.dellroy.com/bpl.htm

Additionally, a good tutorial on the BPL Notice
of Inquiry with suggestions for appropriate reply
comments can be found on the ARRL website
at the following link:

http://www.arrl.org/news/features/2003/06/19/2/?nc=1

If you haven't read the NOI, you can download
a copy at the following link:

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-03-100A1.doc

You can view all comments filed in response
to this NOI at the following webpage:

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/comsrch_v2.cgi

If you type "03-104" in the "Proceeding" field
and then hit the "Retrieve Document List" button
at the bottom, you will bring up a list of all of the
comments filed in response to the BPL NOI.

You can electronically file your comments at the
following link:

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/upload_v2.cgi

Just follow the instructions found on this webpage
(remember the NOI number is "03-104").

Unless you relish having a 24/7 S-9 noise floor,
please consider taking a little time to comment. This
technology poses a VERY SERIOUS RFI threat to
the HF and lower VHF frequency bands!

Thanks and 73,