[SCCC] Why do SCCC hams insist on using high power

Art W6KY w6ky at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 02:01:57 EDT 2003

Question “Why do SCCC hams insist on using high power”.

Number 10 – It’s the warm glow of the tube(s).
Number 9 – It keeps heating costs down in the winter.
Number 8 – We don’t like to wait in line for the rare one.
Number 7 – We like to relegate other signals to utter insignificance.
Number 6 – It keeps the antenna elements dry through IR losses.
Number 5 – its fun to watch the bird’s feet smoke on transmit.
Number 4 – Ionosphere?  What’s that?
Number 3 – It makes the beer taste better.
Number 2 – It fills the need to feel superior.

And the #1 answer “Why do SCCC hams insist on using high power”?

IT'S BETTER THAN SEX!!!!!!!.

Art  W6KY