[SCCC] Re: FCC Accepting Comments on Broadband over Power Line Technology

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Tue Jun 17 22:21:30 EDT 2003

Hi All,

Just a quick reminder that the FCC is still accepting public
comments in response to their Notice of Inquiry (NOI) on
Broadband over Powerline (BPL) technology.  While a
number of you have already submitted some very thoughtful
comments, we could still use a few more. So far, a total of
only about 1000 comments have been filed in response to
this NOI. While many of these comments have been from
radio amateurs, this is still represents only a tiny fraction
of the ham community. Please take a few minutes to make
your voices heard with the FCC. The deadline for comments
from the public in this proceeding is July 7, 2003.

A paragraph or two, addressing one or two points in the NOI
is better than several pages of emotional ranting.  Please
cite the part of the NOI you are commenting on to show that
you have read it, and include whatever sources or experiences
you have had to support your statement(s).  These are the
kinds of educated comments that will command attention.
Avoid statements that are irrational, unsupportable and
subjective (name calling, simply telling the FCC that BPL is
stupid, etc.).  Save your venting for your favorite 75 or 2
meter watering hole. By the way, don't file your comments
multiple times  as some have done - this is not a state of
Florida election.

If you haven't read the NOI, you can download a copy at the
following link:

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-03-100A1.doc

You can view comments already filed in response to this
NOI at the following webpage:

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/comsrch_v2.cgi

If you type "03-104" in the "Proceeding" field and then
hit the "Retrieve Document List" button at the bottom, you
will bring up a list of all of the comments filed in response
to the BPL NOI.

You can electronically file your comments at the following
link:

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/upload_v2.cgi

Just follow the instructions found on this webpage.

This technology is a very real interference threat to the HF
bands and the lower VHF spectrum. Please take a few
minutes to respond.

Thanks and 73,