[SCCC] W6KK PACKETCLUSTER Node

Alan C. Zack k6acz at earthlink.net
Fri May 9 13:04:53 EDT 2003

I notice Charlie, W6KK, has updated/improved the W6KK node on 145.670
and 144.950 using DXSpider V1.51.  However, I cannot get some of my
favorite functions to work and hope someone can point me in the right
direction.  I have attempted to access:
http:/webpages.charter.net/n6ws
which is the web site Charlie shows upon sign-in connection for
additional info.  My browser comes back and tells me that is not a
good address.  I have tried inserting www
(http:/www.webpages.charter.net/n6ws) but that doesn't work either.  I
have accessed the help menu on the node (SH/HELP) and found answers to
my questions, but they don't work as stated.
The functions I am trying to use are:
1.  Show DX spots by band:
Previously you typed "SH/DX 20" for 20 meter spots.  Now you get the
20 latest spots on any and all bands.
The new help menu says to type SH/DX 20m.  This does nothing, nor does
SH/DX 15m.  But SH/DX 10m comes back with a string of prefixes, not
actual spots, spotted on 10 MHZ.
2.  Show spots by frequency:
Previously you typed "SH/DX 14000-14150 to check CW activity on 20
meters.  That is still the same command for the new system.
Previously you got a number of spots in that freq range.  Now you get
a string of spots of between 50 to 100 (or more) on any and all bands.
There may be more but these are the only commands I have tried.
Any help or suggestions?
TIA & 73
                                Alan Zack
		         Amateur Radio Station K6ACZ
                      Anaheim, Southern California, USA
                   Home of the World Series Winners ANGELS
                Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
                              SEMPER PARATUS