[SCCC] CQP

John Orton WA6BOB wa6bob at arrl.net
Fri Oct 3 02:30:50 EDT 2003

FRIDAY, Oct 3 - the "Night before CQP" half-hour practice

Attention all contesters!  All points East-West and North-South.

Help all our California "county expeditions" in remote and rare CA
counties test
their antennas and transceivers.
Plus check out your own station hardware and software before the
contest.

Use the CQP recommended CW and SSB frequencies on 20m, 40m, 80m and
160m.
CW on 1805 and 40 kHz up from band edge.  SSB on 1845, 3850, 7230, and
14250
kHz.

Work stations using the standard CQP exchange during this practice.

TIME: 8:00-8:30 PM Pacific time
MODE: CW and SSB
PLAN: In general, move downward as the half-hour progresses (i.e. like
Sprints),
finishing with the last few minutes on 160m.

TIME: 8:30 PM Pacific time
 SSB: 3853 kHz
PLAN: Discuss your efforts.  Give and receive feedback from other
stations about
signal reports, audio quality, choppy CW, RFI, and other helpful hints.

   - Marc, W6ZZZ, a member of the CQP Publicity Team
   - We look forward to hearing you in CQP on Oct 4-5
   - Please submit your log after the contest