[SCCC] W6UE(W4EF op) Sept 2003 CW Sprint SOHP

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Sat Sep 6 23:51:33 EDT 2003

     Contest Date : 07-Sep-03

    Callsign Used : W6UE
         Operator : W4EF

         Category : SOHP

 Default Exchange : # Mike Ca

         Team/Club : SCCC#1

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

   80CW       46          46         46       0         0
   40CW      119         119        119       5         1
   20CW      128         128        128      44         1

 Totals      293         293        293      49         2

    Final Score = 14943 points.

Really struggled to maintain a decent QSO rate in this one.
Fortunately the multipliers came. I am really struggling with
information overload from the 2nd radio. I think it helps with
the mult total, but it really blows my already poor concentration.
I actually banged my head against the metal door to the shack
a few times after this one was over (not real hard mind you).
The low point of the evening happened while I was frantically
trying to get to 300 QSOs in the last 10 minutes. I called CQ
on 80 for almost 2 minutes before I realized that TRlog was in
S&P mode and I had been sending W6UE over and over
again as if calling some weak station no one else could hear
(I had the sidetone off so I could listen to the second radio).
Dohhh!! Guess I need to spend more time practicing with the
SO2R box. On the plus side, the station worked great. I spent
about 10 hours last weekend getting all the RF cleaned up
that was coming back down the rotor and coax cables and
getting into the SO2R box. Not one hiccup in the hardware
tonight. Wish I could say the same for the operator.

Thanks for all the QSOs and cu next time!

73 de Mike, W4EF

P.S. Is it possible to work the CW sprint while wearing
a straight jacket ? :):):):)