[SCCC] SCCC Meeting at N6AA, Sat. Sept 27, 2003

Richard J. Norton ae327 at lafn.org
Thu Sep 11 09:43:16 EDT 2003

This is to confirm that there will be a Southern California Contest Club
meeting at the N6AA QTH in Topanga at 1:00 PM Saturday, September 27, 2003.
SCCC members and those interested in SCCC are invited to attend.

The program will be a demonstration of the Time Machine, a device that together
with a Hi- Fi audio VCR, allows recording of 70 kHz of any frequency band. My
Time Machine was at KJ6Y's QTH in Woodland Hills in the recent CW Sprint, and
recorded the 20 meter band. You will be able to tune a receiver around on 20,
and listen to the Sprint. If you were active, you may be able to find and hear
yourself.

If anyone can bring a computer projector, I will also give a short talk about
the Time Machines. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN PROVIDE A PROJECTOR.

We will also have elections and cover any other SCCC business.

Note that the meeting is on the same day as the TRW Swap Meet. If you come a
long distance and want to come to my house early, feel invited. I am expecting
to have refreshments available, but presently not lunch. If there is enough
interest, we could get some pizzas. Let me know.

Please let me know if you expect to be here, only so I can plan for the
expected number of attendees. If you have not indicated that you are coming,
and decide to come at the last minute, please do so.

Directions:

Do NOT park in front of the redwood fence in front of 21300 Hillside Drive,
next to my driveway. The fence opens up like a gate.

>From the north -

>From the Ventura Freeway which runs east-west near here, exit on
Topanga Canyon Boulevard, south. Watch your odometer. Go south 6 miles
to Hillside Drive, on your right. As you approach, you can see my
antenna on your right, but it is hard to find the house. After the antenna is
no longer visible, you will come to Hillside Drive where you turn very, very,
very sharply to the right. If you reach Froggy's Restaurant on Topanga Canyon
Boulevard, you have gone 200 feet too far.

In the past, a stick figure on a sign gave warning that Hillside Drive was
near, but Caltrans removed the sign.

Take the right fork at the bottom of the hill, which is Hillside
Drive. Drive about 1/2 mile to the top of the hill. You will come to a
fork at Summit Road. Stop and park somewhere. Walk up the driveway
next to a wooden fence that has 21300 on it. My house is 21290, and
the number is on a rock on the right side of the driveway.

>From the south -

Take the Santa Monica Freeway, Route 10, to the west end. It will go
through a tunnel and become Pacific Coast Highway. Take PCH west about
5 miles to Topanga Canyon Boulevard. Watch your odometer. Go north 6
miles to Hillside Drive, on your left. It is just after Froggy's
Restaurant. Do not take Hillside Drive to your right. Keep going
another block, and you will see that Hillside Drive does go to the
left also.

Take the right fork at the bottom of the hill, which is Hillside
Drive. Drive about 1/2 mile to the top of the hill. You will come to a
fork at Summit Road. Stop and park somewhere. Walk up the driveway
next to a wooden fence that has 21300 on it. My house is 21290, and
the number is on a rock on the right side of the driveway.

>From Ventura - Santa Barbara -

(Note that this route saves 2 miles of driving compared to continuing
to Topanga Canyon Boulevard.)

Take the Ventura Freeway east to Valley Circle/ Mulholland Highway.
Make a left turn at the traffic signal at the freeway exit. Then make
an immediate right turn onto Mulholland. There will be a shopping
center on your left. There is a traffic light for the shopping center.
Keep going straight. You will reach Topanga Canyon Boulevard at the
third traffic light after the shopping center. Turn right/south on
Topanga Canyon. Go south 5 miles to Hillside Drive, on your right. As you
approach, you can see my antenna on your right, but it is hard to find the
house. After the antenna is no longer visible, you will come to Hillside Drive
where you  turn very, very, very sharply to the right. If you reach Froggy's
Restaurant on Topanga Canyon Boulevard, you have gone 200 feet too far.

In the past, a stick figure on a sign gave warning that Hillside Drive was
near, but Caltrans removed the sign.

Take the right fork at the bottom of the hill, which is Hillside
Drive. Drive about 1/2 mile to the top of the hill. You will come to a
fork at Summit Road. Stop and park somewhere. Walk up the driveway
next to a wooden fence that has 21300 on it. My house is 21290, and
the number is on a rock on the right side of the driveway.

. Map:

http://mapsonus.switchboard.com/bin/maps-map/usr=~new

21290 West Hillside Drive
Topanga, CA 90290

I hope to see you here.

73,

Dick Norton, N6AA
(310) 455-1138
ae327 at lafn.org
or N6AA at CQWW.COM if you have trouble with lafn's anti-spam filters
bouncing messages from your spammer-friendly ISP.