[SCCC] W6KY/QRP NAQP SO/AB

Art w6ky at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 8 03:12:51 EDT 2004

        AUGUST  2004 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN QSO PARTY

      Call used: W6KY                                       Location: SDG

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: CW               Power: QRP

     Callsign of Operator(s): ART
W6KY

      Exchanged Information: ART  CA

     Hours of Operation: 05:50

     band      QSOs      points    mults
     -----------------------------------
     160          0           0       0
      80         11          11       2
      40         54          54      24
      20         72          72      33
      15         24          24      15
      10          4           4       3
    ------------------------------------
     TOTAL      165         165      77      SCORE: 12,705

     Club or Team Name: Southern California Contest Club
                                       Team #2

     Comments: Wanted to do QRP to run up my state total
               for the ARRL WAS QRP award, so watch out
               for those PSE QSL cards!!!

    Rigs: Elecraft K1 5 Watts 40,20,15 Mtrs  K1 was Battery Powered.
          ICOM 756PRO @ 5 watts on 10 and 80 Mtrs.
          Antenna: Outbacker Perth on a tripod in the back yard.
          Wanted to give an NAQP a try using my new QRP K1.
          32 band changes kept me running in and out of the
          house to change the bands on the Outbacker Antenna.
          But 33 states, 3 VE provinces, European Russia and
          Brazil QRP.