[SCCC] CW Sprint Feb 2004

Art - W6KY w6ky at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 1 20:12:22 EST 2004

                     FEB 2004 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN CW SPRINT

     Call used: W6KY                                           Location: CA

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: CW               Power:
Low, Low, Low

     Callsign of Operator(s):
ART

     Exchanged Information: W6KY nr ART CA

     Hours of Operation: 03:00

     band      QSOs     points
     ------------------------------------
      80         35         35
      40         69         69
      20         43         43
     TOTAL      147        147   X   37 multipliers  =  5,439

     Club or Team Name: Southern Calif Contest Club Team #2

     Comments: Thanks to Doug to have the sense to put me on team #2. I
thought
Sprints were like NAQP, 100 Watts.  "Where are all those +40 signals coming
from?"  Hung a list of NA commands from the Alpha but never occured to
switch
it on.. I did manage to work Dave (K6LL) on 80 with his QRN.
IC-756 PRO DSP filters unbelieveable.  All I need now is a real antenna.
My best CW Sprint ever was back about 1991 running a Collins S Line with a
hand log. Did about 250 QSO's, had a blast, fun contest, then K6NA
explained to
 me how hard Sprints are and I've never broke 200 again.  Now I'd rather jam
ground glass in my eyes, go to a Rapper concert, listen to a Hillery
Clinton speech
than do a Sprint, but it's like a moth to a flame.......NEXT TIME !