[SCCC] NA Sprint CW W6JPL(W4EF) HP

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Mon Feb 2 00:23:31 EST 2004

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: W6JPL
Operator(s): W4EF
Station: W6VIO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA

   80:   57   00:49
   40:  145   01:56
   20:  100   01:15
---------------------

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

Rig: Yaesu FT-1000/Ameritron AL-82
Antenna:  20M TH7DX @60'
          40M 402CD @70'
          80M Delta Loop with the Apex at 60' (K9AY Loops for RX)

Congratulations to N6MJ on the FB low power score (I just saw
his posting on 3830). Is that an all time record for low power in
the CW sprint (344 x 50)? If not, I'll bet its close. I guess this is
just more proof that the Sprint is more about deft timing and skill
than raw dB's. Despite having plenty of the latter, my scores still
seem to fall short in the Sprint. I guess this suggests that I am
lacking in the former :):)

In any case, my effort suffered the usual maladies (e.g.
numerous two and three minute gaps in the log, blown exchanges,
disconnected antennas, lots of swearing, etc). The gruesome
details are contained in my 3830 posting. It was still fun,
however :):)

Cu all next time!!

73 de Mike, W4EF...............