[SCCC] WPX CW NE6N(N6RT) SOAB HP

Doug Brandon N6RT n6rt at dabware.com
Tue Jun 1 01:06:06 EDT 2004

                     CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NE6N
Operator(s): N6RT
Station: W6EEN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 30
Radios: SO2R

------------
   160:    0
    80:   32
    40:  413
    20: 1013
    15:  469
    10:   61
------------

Brutal conditions from W6, the worst I can remember in a long time.   NA
51%, 16% EU (only 2 on 40m and 7 on 15m), 22% Asia (only 60 on 15m).

I only operated about 30 hours.  I took an hour and a half off Saturday
evening to have a nice dinner with my hosts which included a few glasses of
wine.  I had already told myself that I would get some decent sleep on
Saturday night and the wine made it no turning back.  I did manage to get
up and work JAs on 40m for an hour at 2am and then went back to sleep until
6am.  I also took a bunch of one hour naps on Sunday.  Sleep sounded better
than hardcore SO2R for a measly 40Qs per hour.

I love this contest and think it is possibly winnable from the west coast
since I have finished 2nd and 4th before.  But this is obviously only
possible with very good conditions.  I guess I'll have to wait another 5 or
6 years for a decent shot.

Thanks to all for the QSOs and many thanks to my wonderful hosts Don & Phyllis.

    73 de Doug, N6RT