[SCCC] CaQP K6VO(@K6NR) M/S HP

Dana Roode K6NR at ARRL.net
Wed Oct 6 01:30:49 EDT 2004

                     California QSO Party

Call: K6VO
Operator(s): K6NR, K6RBS, KG6JAD, NJ6N, AE6QT
Station: K6NR

Class: M/S HP
QTH: SBER
Operating Time (hrs): 28.5

   160:   41      12
    80:   49     110
    40:  160     149
    20:  246     334
    15:  187     480
    10:   63     273
     6:    0       0
     2:    0       0
--------------------

Club:

Comments:

This is a great contest to give infrequent or new contesters exposure to
contesting.

My brother Brian (NJ6N) and 3 other members of the Southern Orange County
Amateur Radio Association (Richard, K6RBS; Jeremy KG6JAD; Tony AE6QT) joined me
at my desert QTH for the CaQP.  Jeremy is 16 years old; it was Tony's second
contest, counting Field Day.   We had a great time, making about 300 more QSOs
this time than last year.  I even got NJ6N to make 20 or so of the CW QSOs,
leaving the other 700 something for me.

Great conditions; it was a pleasure to see 10 and 15 open so well.  We had a
good time on 160 too, making 53 QSOs there (I think we did 3 or 4 last year).
An added bonus was that neither my Amp nor my rig failed during this year's
contest (I lost them both last year).

Thanks to everyone for all of the QSOs, especially those who managed to find us
on many band-modes (several worked us 9 times).  See you next year!.

    Dana, K6NR

Station:  Icom IC756ProII to AL-1200
Antennas: C3E at 65', 40m 4 Square, 40m/80m Inverted Vee at 56'
           Full sized 80m vertical over 66 radials
           50' 160m Inverted L over those same 66 radials
           Misc receiving antennas