[SCCC] FW: Senator Request for NA178 Operation

Ray rbenny at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 18 15:38:32 EDT 2004

To all,

Please read the email below. Eric, K6VVA is spearheading the effort to
activate NA178, the Farallons / Ano Neuvo Islands. Several others and myself
are part of this effort and would appreciate your support with a letter to
your State officials.

Our elected officials need to know what is going on with "Our Public Lands".
We need your support in contacting as many State Senators and
Assemblypersons. You can use the information below as a template or revise
it however you like to express your concerns and support. I suggest you
click on the link to the proposed "Special Use Permit" to get a better idea
of our efforts.

To follow is an email with a rundown of events happening in a Congressional
Sub-Committee meeting concerning gross access denial of NWR managed land. We
will be asking you for the same type support addressed to your US Congress
and Senators.

We would also like to know if any of you have been or are active with the US
Coast Guard? Do you know of any active or retired USCG personnel? The USCG
has facilities on the Farallons and does not have to have permission to
perform their activities. They also provide transportation to and from the
Farallons.

If you have questions, please ask Eric, K6VVA or myself. Please send a copy
of your letter to either of us.

We appreciate your support.

Ray,
N6VR