[SCCC] W6TK - SSB Sprint - SO HP AB

Dick Stepanian w6tk at juno.com
Sun Sep 19 21:33:55 EDT 2004

                   NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: W6TK
Operator(s): W6TK
Station: W6TK

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0

   80:   46   38 min
   40:  107   116 min
   20:   94   80 min
---------------------

Team: SCCC #1

Comments: Wow...started like gang busters...but middle of 3rd hour things
got pretty slow until about 0320 when everyone finally moved down to 80.
Spent too much time on 40.  Too much local QRN...next door neighbor has
small lites in their front yard trees...like Disneyland...boy talk about
a noise generator...ugh!  My quiet Nipomo advantage has gotten
contaminated - too noisy on 80 and 40. Good thing we are on friendly
terms...hopefully I can convince them to turn it off on Contest
weekends..hihi.  Was hoping to crack 300 but noise problem busted that
goal.  Great to hear Craig and Ken banging 'em out!  Thanks for the Q's -
good warm up for CQP!  Best 73's - Dick