[SCCC] CQ WW RTTY N6WS SOAB LP

Bill Shell n6ws at charter.net
Mon Sep 27 00:16:32 EDT 2004

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N6WS
Operator(s): N6WS
Station: N6WS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CA

   80:   15    19      11       14     4
   40:   27    60       5       20    13
   20:  195   470      28       81    19
   15:  223   581      17       67    23
   10:    4    12       0        3     2
Total:  464  1142      61      185    61  Total Score = 280,932

Rig: FT-1000MP MkV Field, 50-75W AFSK
Ant 10-20: CC X-9 @ 54'
Ant 40: Dipole @ 54'
Ant 80: Sloper @ 40'
Logging Prog: N1MM Logger

This was my first dabble in the CQWW RTTY contest.

RTTY contesting is a lot easier than CW or SSB.  There is no struggling to
copy weak signals.  If it doesn't print on the screen, you go the next
station.  You don't have to worry about using the RIT control or forgetting
to reset it to zero. It's no-hassle contesting.

I've decided, RTTY is a good mode for contesters that are ready to retire
from contesting, but want to phase out gradually.

Great fun!

73, Bill