[SCCC] New House for Sale in San Diego area - Antenna Friendly

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki_73 at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 25 01:18:16 EST 2005

FYI in case anyone is thinking of moving and is currently in a HAM unfriendly
neighborhood with antenna / transmitter CC&Rs or HOA antenna restrictions etc

Here's a BRAND NEW HOUSE in San Diego area where you CAN put Antennas and
all power is below ground !
Normally the only way to get a QTH in San Diego SUBURBAN ( City Lot ) area,
that is antenna friendly in a
nice area, is to buy a house that was built BEFORE 1974 !!!
( I don't normally push houses for sale but when one can find a city house
that one can put up antennas, I figured, other hams would want to know
about it ! )

Location is 14586 High Pine St, Poway, CA 92064

Poway is  along I-15 corridor just northeast of San Diego,

The house is being sold by Sam W7FL ( ex N6AGV ) - He lost his original
house to the
catastrophe fires that hit San Diego in 2003 ( Don't worry about future
fires, there's nothing left to burn around him anymore...Ha ! )

Here's some preliminary info from Sam:

Brand new custom, two story, 4bdrm, 2 1/2 bath, 1800 sq ft, two car garage,
tile roof, travertine throughout first floor, travertine and carpet second
floor, granite countertops throughout, custom beech cabinets throughout,
brushed nickel fixtures, door handles and bullnose corners, double pane
windows, central air/heat.  There are ceiling fans throughout.  Upstairs,
the entire rear of the house is the master suite with soaking tub, his and
her sinks, custom shower and toilet and a nice walkin closet.  Lot is
approx 29,000 sq ft on cul-de-sac, at top of hill overlooking Poway
Valley.  Neighborhood is 30 years old, underground utilities and no CC&R's
or HOA.

It's been a great QTH.  Neighbors don't object to antennas and I never had
any complaints of RFI/TVI etc.  On the second floor there is a 6x10 storage
room that was completely finished and converted with travertine floor,
20amp outlets and lighting with an outside vent for antenna cable
access.  I had intended to use this as my shack.  Asking price is $649K.

If interested contact Bill and Pam Fisher at REMax of Rancho Bernardo
858-748-9077

I have no pecuniary interest in sale of home, Sam, who is an RF Engineer,
and I, used to work together
and asked if I would get the word out ( If he buys me Dinner...I won't
complain or tell anyone! )

Please pass this on to anyone you may think interested
( ...and if YOURreferral results in a sale of the home...ask Sam to but YOU
dinner....
.....or better yet ...at todays ridiculous home prices and commissions...an
ICOM IC-7800 ...HA ! )

73, Dennis N6KI
Insane Diego