[SCCC] Fw: SS SSB W4EF SO Unlimited HP

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Mon Nov 21 01:07:02 EST 2005

                   ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W4EF
Operator(s): W4EF
Station: W4EF

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: LAX
Operating Time (hrs): 1.3

------------
  160:
   80:  67
   40:  20
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Got dipoles for 40 and 80 meters hung from the new tower
just as it was getting dark here on Sunday evening. Although
the dipole wires are still tangled in the tree limbs, I managed to
get them pulled far enough away from the tower that I could
squirt out some RF and pass out a few points before the end
of the big event. Had a pretty good packet pilup run on 75
meters that kept the rate up above 2 to 3 QSOs per minute for
about 25 minutes before things finally leveled off.

Nice to work many familiar callsigns.

Rig: Ten-Tec Omni 6+ and Drake L-7

Antennas: 40M inverted-vee at 60'
          80M inverted-vee at 60'

Logging Program: Sharpie Extra Fine Point Marker (black)
                 and Office Depot 8 1/2" x 11" Lined Notepad :):)

73 de Mike, W4EF.....................

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/