[SCCC] CQWW CW contest, working on my DXCC, any tips?

Tony Ruiz usctony at charter.net
Tue Nov 22 21:57:42 EST 2005

Greetings to all. I'm looking forward to this weekend's CQWW CW contest and
my goal will be to work more than 150 stations (my all-time high) as well as
to work toward my DXCC.  At present, I have 54 confirmed countries and I'm
hoping this weekend's contest will give me some more new ones than can be
confirmed. I'd like to be at 100 by the time April 21, 2006 rolls around
(Int. DX Convention in Visalia).

I'm thinking that using the DX Spotting category will help me find new ones.
Doe this help or does this actually slow you down (I think I read that
somewhere). I guess, in other contests, I didn't pay attention until
afterwards & then sort it all out. ACLog (for my regular contact log) will
tell me when a spot is a new one. I don't think the N3FJP CQWW Contest
software program will do that for me.

When you send "599 03"  Is it always both numbers "0" & "3" or do folks send
the letter "O" and number "3" without it getting too confusing. Timesaver?

If I don't catch their zone, is it pretty standard to send "AGN"? Will folks
throughout the world know what I mean?

Well, hey, Any tip's, funny tid-bits & info is appreciated. Hope to work you
this weekend & 73.

Tony K1USC
dit dit & Fight On!