[SCCC] Fw: [NCCC] Hugh Cassidy, WA6AUD

Jim Price jnprice at pacbell.net
Mon Sep 12 00:41:59 EDT 2005

Jim - I knew Cass in a venue unrelated to DX:  a 75-meter traffic net called
the Mission Trail Net.  I joined MTN in 1965 (high school days) and I'm
still a member, albeit not nearly as active as I was in the '60s, '70s, and
'80s.

Cass was a frequent check-in and traffic handler on MTN in the '60s, and
'70s, possibly longer.  It was years later that I realized he was also a DX
"nut," publishing a newsletter and collecting tidbits about chasing DX.  I
think he can be categorized as someone we can all look up to:  for service
to amateur radio, and for living a long life of contributing to others.

73 - Jim, K6ZH