[SCCC] Thursday night Sprint

Randy Johnson randyj at loan-wolf.com
Thu Apr 13 13:32:13 EDT 2006

I have had a l lot of fun doing these 30 minute Sprints as detailed on the post below.  It's 30 minutes of hectic activity betweem 7:30 and 8:00 PM our time.

I hope that some other SCCC members would consider participating on an ongoing basis. IF we get enough participants, we can start our own intra-SCCC ladder.

Randy W6SJ

Rules and guidelines:   www.ncccsprint.com
(Tks, Ed W0YK for the classy new webpage, which can also be accessed with the "NS HOME" link button on www.nccc.cc)

Ed has also posted instructions for adapting TR-Log; please e-mail him at if you have an interesting way to use one of the otherpopular logging programs (adr on web page)

Some reasons for partipating in the NCCC Thursday Sprint Ladder:  It's --

1) Fun, and challenging, and brief.
2) A regular format for practicing/upgrading contesting skills and quantifying your improvements.
3) A potential 'laboratory' for testing your new antennas, SO2R capabilities, and other station improvements that
    you will make over the summer. Probably week-to-week QSO totals compared to other stations rather than total score will be the best measure of how your great new antenna design actually functions under contest conditions. Full results for the 12-wk ladder will be available at ncccsprint.com.

Finally,  if your contest club wishes to conduct it's own ladder competition, the NCCC Thursday Sprint format and structure can be used independently of NCCC's contest. Just extract the scores and use them as you wish.  For example, a  4-week ladder competiton just in June or July could be carried out separately by any club or group.