[SCCC] Supporting WRTC 2006

Richard J. Norton richardjnorton at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 16:30:18 EDT 2006

The following message is forwarded from Carl Cook, AI6V

Dear Fellow Amateur Radio Enthusiasts and Suppliers,

With WRTC 2006 just around the corner, it is time again to see if we
can help the Brazilians with their task of hosting this year's
championship.  Details of the event are posted at WRTC2006.com.  The
enthusiasm and quest for excellence that the Brazilians exhibit will
no doubt lead to a well thought out and implemented event.

I have been given the opportunity to help raise funds.  I would
sincerely appreciate your consideration of a donation.  Any amount
will help.  If you can send $250 or more, the NCDXF will send you a
receipt letter to comply with the IRS rules.  Checks payable to the
NCDXF with the notation "WRTC Donation" can be mailed to W6OAT, 651
Handley Trail, Redwood City, CA  94062.

Raffle tickets will be available for $10 each to buy a chance for a
free trip, which includes food, lodging and plane fare from selected
cities to Florianopolis, where the event will be held.  For the same
price, a raffle ticket is also available to win an ACOM 1010
amplifier.  The winners do not need to be present and will be picked
by PY5EG, the chairman of the event, at the Dayton Contest Dinner.
You can buy a chance directly from me by mail (please indicate which
raffle on your check) or at the DX Convention in Visalia in April.
Tickets will also be available before the Contest Dinner at the Dayton
Hamvention in May.

The previous WRTC events in Seattle, San Francisco, Slovenia and
Finland were all well attended and cherished by a large number of our
fraternity.  I sincerely hope that you will feel compelled to help
perpetuate the World Radiosport Team Championship and propel it into
the future.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Carl Cook, AI6V
10112 Old Blue Rd
Nevada City, CA  95959