[SCCC] HELP! - Serious Bird Problem on Antennas

Alan Zack k7acz at cox.net
Fri Dec 22 22:53:27 EST 2006

A lot of work but run some heavy duty fishing line on top and parallel
to the elements and boom about 2 or 3 inches above them.  When the birds
try to land on the elements or boom they will trip on the fish line and
fly off to more stable footing.

Craig Gullickson wrote:

>You need many many kilowatts Dennis ;-)
>

>But seriously, I have seen many vinyards use the mylar streamers on their vines for fending off the birds.  They don't like the glittering it puts out from the reflection of the sunlight, but then again this might aggrevate the neighbors too.
>
>73 and happy holidays to the group!
>Craig, N6ED

Alan Zack
Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ
Official USCG Auxiliary Comm Station
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Delta Rocket Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
Aviation Chief Warrant Officer,  U.S. Coast Guard, Retired
SEMPER PARATUS
http://gocoastguard.com
http://www.uscgradio.net
http://www.comm-one.org