[SCCC] N6ZFO Stew Perry TBDC LP

Bill Haddon - n6zfo hounds1234 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 31 21:55:18 EST 2006

N6ZFO 2006 Stew Perry TBDC  LP (100w)

QSO's  --  167
Points  --  1442  (Incl LP x2 Mult)   [Raw score]
"DX" -- KV4, PJ2, KP2, KH6, KL7, JA

[Score calculated with SPSCORE.exe from http://web.jzap.com/k7rat/stew.html  Utility works ok directly on the CAbrillo file. using XP, but give your file a  short DOS-style name and enter the numbers 56 and (I think) 74 for the pointers to the callsign and grid square.  Cabrillo headers can be left in place.]

Equipment: PRO-II into top-loaded vertical with 7 above gnd 1/2 wave radials.

Comments:   LP is problematic in SP because so many JA's don't call CQ.  The single JA that I heard calling CQ  in that barren 0200-0630 PST stretch Sunday morning came back immediately.  Perhaps there was a surge I missed in last half hour after I simply gave up.  Conditions never seemed very good compared to ARRL 160 where New England stns answered CQ's all night one after the other -- not a single QSO in the FN31-56 range in SP.  The E Coast sunrise peak was negligible, and almost nil from Carribean, in contrast to one morning earlier in the week.  N0FW/KP2 just peeked through the noise for about 15 minutes around 1130Z.  I had hoped to pick up P40W, who I couldn't hear quite well enough to work on Saturday night.  Worked KV4FZ, PJ2/WB9Z easily and early and N0FW/KP2  with more difficulty when his signal peaked up briefly around 2200 pst (0600Z).

Enjoyed working many of our NS regulars, N4AF, W0BH, K0UK, W7WHY and others and of course the many NCCC folks who kindly handed out a few Q's.

The incremental improvements in antenna design over several years have produced pretty good results, with receiving by far the biggest limitation.  When that gets fixed, I'll go for a few more watts. This SP score is by far my highest.

73 Bill n6zfo