[SCCC] NAQP CW Teams

Tony Ruiz usctony at charter.net
Mon Jan 9 19:27:13 EST 2006

Greetings all,

I'm all geared up & ready for this weekend's NAQP contest. I was wondering
if anyone has an established game plan on getting the most QSO's &
Multipliers from as many bands as possible.

What's your knowledge of when the contest bands are open & busy. Is there a
pattern that you might follow based on your experience and/or logs from
previous years?

I've usually stuck to 20 & 40 for most of my Q's but I'm thinking to listen
in on the others to catch more multipliers. With a shorter contest period,
it's just a matter of when is it most efficient to be on any particular
band?

What band do you like to start on? Which bands might only be open to the
rest of the country for a short period of time before they fade out in
winter time?

I see from last year's results, many of you did well in the final scores
individually and as a group. I hope to work my way up a little higher in the
standings. Any thoughts you are willing to share would be helpful.

73

Tony, K1USC
dit dit & Fight On!