[SCCC] N6KI NAQP SSB SO LP SO1R

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki_73 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 22 07:14:47 EST 2006

NAQP SSB

Call: N6KI
Operator(s): N6KI
Station: N6KI

Class: S/O LP
QTH: CA

   160:    30	11
    80:    161	42
    40:    221	47
    20:    348	50
    15:     248	33
    10:	      0      0
--------------------
Total:  1008	183	Total Score = 191,520

SCCC Team #2

I never expected to do this well ! In fact, late Friday night, I had come
down with a horrible cold and sore throat!
I asked Doug to move me from Team 2 to Team 1, I didn't know how bad I was
going to feel Saturday morning at
contest start time.....

I Knew my voice wouldn't last so I relied heavily on the DVK, which logged
well over 2000 CQs !
By the beginning of my last 1 hour  break around 5:40 PM, my voice was
pretty well history !

Somehow I managed the last 3 hours and was very happy with breaking 1000,
but didn't quite make the 200
mults I had aimed for. Those last 17 Secs would have easily come had 10 not
remained a VHF band !

I can see that I am doing much better on 20 mtrs since I gained another
element ( now 4 ) with the MonstIR SteppIr
Yagi that went up a couple months ago and replaced the aging Telrex Monarch.

This time I think I nailed all the breaks at the best time forty 40 seemed
to go long on skip fast and
I may have spent a bit too long on 20, but was still happy with the 20 and
40 mult count.

73, Dennis N6KI