[SCCC] 7QP and NEQP

N6KI Dennis Vernacchia n6ki_73 at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 9 16:52:15 EDT 2006

Played around for a few hours this past weekend

7QP

Band	QSOs

20	53
40	63

NEQP

20	44
40	22

I found a partial solution for running 2 of the MANY contests that were running
this past weekend using DOS version of CT

I started off running 7QP and found that I could hear more NEQP guys because
I was skipping over most of the 7QP guys as I was on 20 meters and it was a bit
to early to go to 40 mtrs.

Now I was in a pickle as I had just modified my CT (DOS ) NEQP module to
run 7QP!
...and I knew CT would reject any 5 character exchanges from NEQP stations !

Since I was still running CT for DOS, I just went into my text editor and
pasted the NEQP AND the 7QP
.DAT files together. ( After checking with a local software programmer to
ask it that might work )

Worked great ! - I was able to log both 7QP and NEQP guys and CT accepted
both 5 character exchanges in the exchange field.

After the contest, I parsed out the NEQP contacts out of original Cabrillo
file, saved it as my 7QP file Then again went back to original Cabrillo
file and
parsed out the 7QP file and saved that file as my NEQP file.

I only did a few hundred Qs so it only took me 10 minutes to create 2
separate Cabrillo files to submit.

I didn't care about scoring as the log processors will take care score when
they process my Cabrillo files.

Since CT DOS didn't have INQP, I just hand logged those off to the side.
Never heard too many of the ARI guys
from the left coast so didn't have to deal with that aspect.

Anyway, had fun for few hours giving out Qs to at least 2 of the more
heavily attended contests.

73, Dennis N6KI ( Op for NX6T - San Diego Contest Club )