[SCCC] W6AM article

Dennis Younker NE6I ne6i at cox.net
Thu May 11 21:56:11 EDT 2006

I haven't been able to find this magazine at a couple shops I've stopped in.
If anyone would be willing to send me a photocopy of the article, I'd
appreciate it.  Mail or fax is okay.

Or if any of the San Diego gang on the list know of a place I can get the
mag, could go get a copy.

I have a bunch of pictures of the W6AM station I took one afternoon after an
SCCC meeting many years ago.  I should probably scan them and get them
online.  I know that I was in awe that afternoon.  I think it was Jan
Perkins and Jim Neiger that took us all over there.  Thanks you guys. I will
never forget that!

I tried to invite myself to guest op from there a few months later but Don
called me and said things had become so complicated with rig and antenna
switching that he only allowed one person to use the station other than
himself anymore (I think that was Jan???).  He was quite apologetic but
naturally, I understood.

73 Don, I only once beat you in a pileup.  And that was only because the
pile was spread out over 5 kHz and I was in the right place at the right
time.  Conversely, there were a zillion times I heard you beating out the
east coast on 40 and 80 while I couldn't even hear the DX station!

BTW, I only met Don once in person, at a SCDXC meeting.  He was the nicest
guy and me, just a 20-something probably had my knees knocking in the
presence of such ham radio fame.  Hi.

--Dennis, NE6I