[SCCC] N6ZFO NA SSB Sprint SCCC#1

hounds1234 at comcast.net hounds1234 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 17 04:34:54 EDT 2006

NA Phone Sprint 16 Sept 2006

Call: N6ZFO @ N6KI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

 Band  QSOs  Op Time
---------------------
   80:   35       1
   40:   77     1.5
   20:   91     1.5
---------------------

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

Thanks to my gracious, patient and talented host Dennis, N6KI and his fabulous
San Diego station, I experienced my first NA Sprint from Southern California
and first sprint using high power. Thank goodness . . .this must be as bad as
it gets. Also first sprint using CT, but that's another story - this will not
be a golden log. Having forgotten about Daylight Savings time, we rushed to get
me up to speed by 1600 local time.  Where was everybody? Finally at 2302Z
realized there was another hour to go, grateful for the extra time.

Great to hear some new YL's, Rebecca from OR and Elaine from PA(?), along with
many of my colleagues from the northern territories of CA;

Normally would be home in Marin Cty on weekends, but this one found me
stranded in Orange County; Dennis generously offered his fine station.
Encouragements from various fellow SCCC sprinters is much appreciated,
particularly K6AM.  You've all made me feel most welcome in So Cal, even
with the spectre of NCCC hanging over my ham radio activities.  Who knows
what trouble I'm in with that bunch now.

73 Bill N6ZFO