[SCCC] VU2PTT is in Town - Want to Meet Him?

Richard J. Norton richardjnorton at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 01:35:01 EDT 2007

Prasad Rajagopal, VU2PTT, arrived in Los Angeles last Friday. Note
that 10 or so years ago, Prasad was the most active contester in
India. He has been inactive recently, but has plans to return to the
airwaves.

  I took him to the TRW swapmeet on Saturday morning. Marty Woll,
N6VI, mentioned that he was one of the volunteer examiners for an
amateur license testing session that was to be held that afternoon in
Calabassas. Marty then took Prasad to the testing session where Prasad
passed all his tests including the one for Amateur Extra. I went to an
ARRL Southwestern Division Convention planning meeting.

Marty then deposited Prasad at my QTH where Prasad hooked up his
laptop to my transceiver and proceeded to work stations in the IOTA
test. I returned, took Prasad to dinner and then returned him to his
hotel in Santa Monica where he will stay for about the next month.

I'm thinking about having some sort of get-together on this upcoming
Sunday afternoon, August 5th, at 1:30 PM at my QTH in Topanga for
those of you who are interested to meet Prasad. Think of it as a small
Contest Club Meeting.

The event would only happen if Prasad can make it, which seemed likely
when we talked.

Any interest?

73,

Dick Norton, N6AA