[SCCC] SARTG RTTY K6GEP SOAB LP

Tim Goeppinger timgep at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 21 02:37:10 EDT 2007

                    SARTG WW RTTY Contest

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 3.2

   80:   6    50     5
   40:  24   255    19
   20:  24   295    17
   15:
   10:
------------------------
Total:  54   600    41  Total Score = 24,600

This contest, along with the NAQP SSB were a good lesson in propagation.
What seemed like fairly good condix for working DX on RTTY were awful condix
to work North American stations.  Things were so bad in NAQP that I
abandoned
it during Saturday afternoon and worked SARTG until 0000z.  I pointed my
2 element dipole 20m beam east, and I was surprised to work Europe on it.
I never worked Italy before on RTTY.

Tnx to J39BS and YB2ECG for the new ones.

I guess I didn't know what to expect from SARTG, and it was a pleasant
surprise, and a LOT of fun.  I am looking forward to the SCC contest
next weekend.

Rig:  FT-990
Ants:  2 element dipole beam on 20 at 25 feet pointed east
       Alpha Delta DX-CC Multiband Dipole as sloper from 50 feet
       40 meter inverted vee at 50 feet
Software:
       N1MM + MMTTY

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/