[SCCC] [ARRL 160 K6NR Single Op HP

Dana Roode k6nr at arrl.net
Sun Dec 2 22:55:26 EST 2007

                     ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K6NR
Operator(s): K6NR
Station: K6NR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ORG

Total:  QSOs = 719  Sections = 77  Countries = 11  Total Score = 134,464

Great contest as usual.  Didn't hear any Europe with one important
exception.  OH2BO called me while I was calling CQ Saturday night. I
don't hear much EU on 160 out here in Southern California, and this is
no doubt the first time a EU station called me instead of the other way
around.  Hope no one is pulling my leg.

18 JAs in the log, conditions didn't seem quite as good as they could
have been.  I also did not hear any VE4, NL or PR station in the contest.

I worked the contest remotely the first night with a TS480 and my SGC
solid state AMP.  Controlling things over the Internet adds another
variable and the TS480 can't handle the strong signals.  It was a joy to
operate the second night locally at the station using my IC756 Pro II.
Could hear a lot better and could use my AL1200 to run a bit more power.

73,  Dana

Station: 1300W to 48' Inverted L over 66 1/8 wave radials
                (500W the first night)