[SCCC] SCCC Digest, Vol 60, Issue 15

Art k6xt at arrl.net
Thu Dec 20 13:32:46 EST 2007

Tom
The other replies to your email are good ideas to be sure. I note that
these boatanchor folks are apparently not paying all that much attention
to who else might be doing what, evidenced by this:

      *WOW! What QRM!!!!*

Who knew that California and Texas had so many hams that all came on the
air at the same time? Why did they pick CX weekend to decide to turn on
their BIG guns? It confirmed the stereotypes of "Kalifornia Kilowatt"
and of everything being "Bigger in Texas" particularly their signals and
their numbers. Contests can be a problem.
The CA QSO party has been regularly scheduled for, geez lemme guess, 25
years or more. It's been very popular countrywide for a good portion of
that time. Should not be a surprise to anyone with an internet
connection who knows about WA7BNM. "Why did they pick CX weekend......."
eh?? Some of those boatanchors were likely as not participating in CA
QSO parties of yesterday. The shoe is on the other foot.

One can surely gripe about it on a forum such as this. Sort of like
Hilarious Clinton giving a speech at the Republican convention.

73 Art
k6xt at arrl dot net
Allison Colorado

Snip

> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. CX Exchange QRM (Tom Rauch)
>    2. Re: CX Exchange QRM (Marty Woll)
>    3. Re: CX Exchange QRM (Leigh S. Jones, KR6X)

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 23:06:00 -0500
> From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji at contesting.com>
> Subject: [SCCC] CX Exchange QRM
> To: <sccc at contesting.com>
> Cc: secc at contesting.com
>
> Check this link out:
>
> http://www.qsl.asti.com/CX/d1_sept07newsletter.html
>

> Anyone have any CONSTRUCTIVE  idea what the CX exchange can
> do to find a weekend without a contest? Apparently the CA
> QSO party is just killing the classic exchange. They are
> trying to find a weekend without some sort of other contest,
> or a frequency area that is clear of contests.
>
> It would go a long ways towards the overall image of
> contesting people if the boatanchor guys could find a
> weekend to operate their classic and antique radios.

Snip