[SCCC] Need advice - Mark V

Juan w6now at hushmail.com
Tue Dec 25 16:43:51 EST 2007

Hi gang: need some advice. I've found a new problem with my Mark V
Field and it has to do with the ShuttleJog (the ring behind the
main dial that can be used for tunning - which i don't use at all).

The problem is that it won't stop. It will continue to scan down
the band unless i hold it just a bit to the right off where it is.
I did some research and someone said they had a problem but that
one had to do with a bad contact which i don't think is my problem.
I think my problem is a mechanical one. Is there a way to 1)fix it
myself, or 2) disable the jog completely? I changed the main menu
settings to enable the main panel lock so that once i find a freq i
can lock it but man what a pain.

I'm thinking i might have to pull the radio and open it but wanted
to check w/the experts before i did. I'm trying to avoid
disconnecting the rig, etc...

thanks in advance, and Happy Holidays, Merry Xmas and a Happy New
Years ALL!

--
Save up to 50% off of motorcycle gear! Click here!
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4fO76NuShCF1yFrmFsndp5fpXaEP1wTaw7YyswUAqHIdLawb/