[SCCC] SCCC Digest, Vol 60, Issue 25

Art k6xt at arrl.net
Mon Dec 31 01:02:05 EST 2007

Hello Dennis
For contesting I see only Writelog ($) or N1MM (0$). Both are excellent
programs dedicated specifically to the needs of contesting.

For regular daily DX there are lots of programs. I used DX4WIN for many
years. Sadly I found this program falling behind and not particularly
well supported when problems arose. The printing routines are clumsy,
ornery, obtuse to the point I never got comfortable using them and found
other means - and I'm handy with computers. However there are folks
who've invested the extensive effort to master this 'feature' and are
willing to help.

About 4 years ago I switched to DXLab. It is nirvana. The difference in
support is night and day. The facilities are awe inspiring and complete.
The author is on the DXLab reflector just about every day listening to
his users. I was able to print labels and QSL cards with only a few
minutes of learning. DXLab does things other loggers can only wish for,
and if a user needs something new, the author is likely to add it. Data
is stored in MS Access, readily available to hack as much as you want,
rather than some obscure or proprietary file system. The author is
something of a stickler for standards obedience so his import/exports
with contest loggers are flawless WRT ADIF. DXLab's interaction with
LoTW is just about automatic. Updates are effortless one-button events.
I urge you to check it out before investing your hard earned bux. Works
on Vista. Check it out here: http://dxlabsuite.com/

73 Art
k6xt at arrl dot net