[SCCC] Feb Sprint vs WPX RTTY Groans

Art - W6KY w6ky at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 12 00:57:19 EST 2007

Dave posted this (summary) to the CQ-Contest reflector the day before
the contest.

I suggest that the cw sprinters utilize the extra band
tonight. Last year I worked 119 stations in the cw sprint,
and only three of those qso's were with U.S. General or
Advanced class stations.

I'm not saying that you should avoid the General band
altogether, but, if it's anything like last night, there
will be a strong incentive to go below 7025, and I think it
is a good idea. It might even be necessary to use the Extra
Class bands on 20 and 80.   73, Dave  K6LL

--------------------------------

Sure enough, there are several howling that the RTTY contest
destroyed the Sprint on 40 meters....Nonsense!  The Sprinters
for the Feb portion just need to do what Dave suggested and
drop below 7.025 ..  The RTTY calling freq on 40 is 7.040 and
the JA's and some other DX stations can only operate in small
portions of the band around that freq...
Anyone who is 'CW' Sprinting and doesn't have an Extra license
has no excuse. It's now no-code and practically no-test. The
test is so simple they should just hand Extra licenses out on
the street corners...Personally I thought it was great that
there were RTTY stations from 7025 up to 7125+ and elbow to
elbow....  My $0.02
73, Art  W6KY

I Refuse to Join any Club that would Accept me as a Member...